National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (NITK), one of the 31 NITs in the country, is inviting applications from the eligible candidates for admission into MBA program for the academic year 2016-18.
Admission criteria for both category of seats (Government Funded Seats and Self-Financed Seats) will be same. The eligibility criterion is as under:
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] 10+2+3 system. The minimum percentage requirement at Graduation level is 50 (45% for SC/ST applicants).
- Valid scorecard of CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT 2015-16
- Shortlisting of Candidates will be done on the basis of CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT score and accordingly candidates will be called for Group Discussion (GD)/Personal Interview (PI).
NUMBER OF SEATS
The sanctioned intake of this programme for 2016-2018 is 90. The seats are available in two categories i.e. Government Funded Seats & Self-Financed Seats.
- Regular (Government Funded) Category: 60 Seats
- Self-financed Category: 30 Seats
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
- Merit list will be prepared for Offer of Admission on the combined marks of the following two components:
- CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT Score of 2015 & 2016: 70 marks*
- Performance in GD / PI: 30 marks
*The weightage for the percentile of CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT exam would be computed as per table below:
|Equivalent Marks for CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT exam percentile|
|Less than 40||40-49||50-59||60-69||70-79||80-89||90 & above|
|MAT/CMAT||00||35 <||40||> 45||55||60||70|
In Case of a tie in the final preparation of the merit list, the following tie break rules will be applied:
- On the basis of Higher Qualification
- On Graduation marks (Percent)
- On Senior Secondary marks (Percent)
The Institute adheres to the reservation policy of Government of India. Seat Matrix
|Govt Funded Seats||29||01||16||01||09||–||04||–||60|
|Self Financed Seats||15||–||08||–||04||01||02||–||30|
HOW TO APPLY
Download the Application Form from the website nitkkr.ac.in. Fill and send the application form complete in all respects along with all relevant documents and application fee before the due date. Applicants List will be put up on the institute website along with the Group Discussion & Personal Interview schedule, to be held at NIT Kurukshetra in the month of April 2016.
NO SEPARATE INTIMATION WILL BE GIVEN FOR GROUP DISCUSSION/ PERSONAL INTERVIEW.
Based on the combined performance of Group Discussion and Personal Interview and CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT Score, a merit list will be prepared and displayed on the institute website. Waitlisted candidates will be offered admission if seats remain vacant.
An application fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs 500/- for SC/ST Candidates) is to be deposited in the form of Demand Draft obtained from State Bank of India only in favour of Director, National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, payable at NIT Kurukshetra Branch (Code 6260), Kurukshetra.
Download the brochure for complete details: