The Santoor Scholarship Program is an initiative of Wipro Consumer Care and Wipro Cares. The program intends to financially support girls from disadvantaged backgrounds, who wish to pursue higher education after grade 12. Launched in 2016-17, the program offers support to 900 students every year, across the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana.
It is a recurring annual program and the selected students are supported for the duration of their higher education. The support covers tuition fees and incidental expenses.
Over the last three years, close to 2700 students have received support through the Santoor Scholarship Program.
Besides students inclined towards professional courses, those showing a keen interest in pursuing their higher education in the fields of humanities, liberal arts and sciences are strongly encouraged to apply. Preference is given to students from backward districts.
- This scholarship program is open to students from Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana only.
- This Scholarship is only for girl students of underprivileged and disadvantaged backgrounds
- To be eligible to apply, the applicant must have
- Passed class 10 from a local government school.
- Passed class 12 from a government school/junior college in the academic year 2018-19.
- Enrolled in a full-time graduate program beginning 2019-20.
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria must apply using the prescribed application form. The prospective candidates are required to submit the duly filled in application form by the deadline, to be considered for the grant.
The students would be given Rs. 24,000 per annum till they complete their course of study. Students are permitted to utilize the scholarship for tuition fees or other expenses incidental to education.
Applications for this year will be open from 15th July 2019 to 15th August 2019. Applicants are advised to carefully read the instructions before filling the form.
Apply Online at: https://www.buddy4study.com/application/SWS3/instruction
Apply offline by downloading application: