Qualification and Selection Method for Andhra Pradesh Sub Inspector Posts
Qualification for Sub Inspectors:
1. Pass graduation in any subject / in any engineering stream from a regonised institute / university.
2. Age = 18 Years to 25 Years
3. Height = minimum 5’ 6″
4. Chest = 32′ (Normal) and after expanding 34′
Procedure to Sub Inspector Post
Physical tests include:
- A initial 5 kilometer run which should be completed in 25 minutes
- A 100 meter sprint which should be completed in 15 seconds
- A long jump in which a candidate should jump a distance of 3.80 meters
- A shot put throw which should be thrown a distance of 5.60 meters
- A high jump in which a jump of 1.2 meters is required and
- An 800 meter run which should be completed in 170 seconds.
Written test for SI of police consists of 4 papers.
Paper 1: English (Descriptive) : 50 questions, 100 marks
Paper 2: Telugu (Descriptive) : 50 questions, 100 marks
Paper 3: Arithmetic, test of reasoning,
Mental ability. : 200 marks
Paper 4: General studies : 200 marks.
English and Telugu papers are only a qualifying paper and the marks in that section won’t count in making the merit list.
For OC, BC, ST/SC candidates the qualifying marks in these two sections are 40, 35 and 30 marks respectively.