Queen’s University Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships
Queen’s University Belfast is offering up to 100 scholarships to talented Indian students enroling in postgraduate engineering, science, innovation and technology programmes in September 2012.
Number of awards – 100
Value of Award – $ 4000 Approx
- Candidates must be eligible to pay overseas tuition fees (non EU).
- Candidates must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement in their studies.
- Candidates must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship and their intention to enrol at Queen’s University Belfast in September 2012, by accepting their unconditional offer of a place online, and paying a £1,000 deposit within one month of receipt of their offer letter, and no later than 31 July 2012, so that a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to support a visa applications may be issued.
- Candidates can be studying on postgraduate taught or postgraduate research courses.
- There is no need to make a separate scholarship application. All eligible candidates will be considered on the basis of their course application form.
- Early application will increase the chances of candidates being awarded a scholarship.
- Candidates must not be in receipt of any other Queen’s University Belfast scholarship or tuition fee reduction.
- Awards of the Queen’s University Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships will be confirmed at the same time an unconditional offer is made on an application.
- Scholarship awards will be deducted from the tuition fees payable to Queen’s upon enrolment in September 2012, and will be payable in pound sterling.
- Students must be able to finance the remainder of their tuition fees and living expenses.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred. Postgraduate taught courses listed below in engineering, science and technology at Queen’s in September 2012 are eligible awards.
- Postgraduate research courses in relevant subject areas will receive the award.
Eligible Courses :
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- MSc in Chemical Research
- MSc in Chemical Biology
- MSc in Process Engineering
School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- MSc in Computer and Electronic Security
- MSc Advanced Wireless Communications
- MSc Electronics
- MSc Telecommunications
- MSc Educational Multimedia
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering
School of Planning, Architecture and Civil Engineering
- MArch Architecture
- Certificate in Professional Practice and Practical Experience
- MSc Construction and Project Management
- MSc Durability of Structures
- MSc Environmental Engineering
- MSc Environmental Planning
- MSc Spatial Regeneration
- MSc Sustainable Design
- MSc Urban and Rural Design
- MSc Water Resources Management
School of Creative Arts
- MA in Sonic Arts
For more details click here