ICRISAT Recruitment Notification For Senior Administrative Officer
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is headquartered in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, with two regional hubs and four country offices in sub-Saharan Africa.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid or dryland tropics has over 2 billion people, and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these poor people to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agriculture.
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of Senior Administrative Officer to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
- Efficiently manage the office and provide administrative and secretarial support;
- Coordination and organization of internal and external meetings (visitors, programs etc) and take follow-up actions;
- Prepare background notes for Director General’s meetings;
- Make travel arrangements and prepare travel expense reports for the Director General;
- Handle correspondence for the Director General;
- Inter-departmental liaison
- Proficiency in managing office related activities (Level 3);
- Liaison with programs & coordinating abilities (Level 3);
- Proficiency in English communication skills (both written and spoken) (Level 3);
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Ms- Office, data analysis) (Level 2);
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team (Level 2).
- Post-graduation (preferably MBA) with 5-8 years of experience in administration and proficiency in office management;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with pleasing personality;
- Highly proficient in MS-Office suite, with special reference to Powerpoint and Excel;
- Ability to deal tactfully under pressure situations, deliver under tight schedules, and maintain high degree of confidentiality;
- Knowledge of steno- typing and multi-language competency will be an added advantage.
The position is for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply: The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including phone & e-mail) of three referees and date of availability. Please send applications stating the job title clearly on the application/envelope, to Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh 502 324, or by E-mail to email@example.com, latest by 31 January 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
for more details click here