Bihar State Power (Holding) Company Ltd. Recruitment of Meter Readers – 2015
Bihar State Power (Holding) Company Ltd., Patna
(Regd. Off.-Vidyut Bhawan, Bailey Road, Patna)
Employment Notice No. -01/2015
Bihar State Power (Holding) Company Ltd. invites applications from eligible candidates for appointment on the post of Meter Reader for Offices of North Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited (NBPDCL) & South Bihar Power Distribution Company Limited (SBPDCL) as per the vacancy details given below:
Total vacancy of both the companies:-
|Sl. No.||Post||Total No of Posts||Category|
- The allotment of company to the candidates from the Merit List will be on alternate basis amongst the two companies starting from NBPDCL.
- Female (BC) reserved category includes women candidate of SC, ST, EBC and BC category.
- The number of posts is subject to change as per requirement of the company, without giving any prior notice.
- Fixed remuneration for 1st, 2nd and 3rd year shall be Rs. 8000/-, Rs. 9000/- and Rs. 10000/- respectively per month.
- No other allowances or benefits would be admissible except reimbursement of TA/DA and Casual leave as per the rules of BSPHCL.
- After completion of probation period of three years from the date of appointment on consolidated pay on the post of Meter Reader regular establishment PB-I, Pay Scale Rs. 5200-20200, GP-3200 will be admissible.
Qualification & Eligibility:
- Graduate with Math/ Graduate in Commerce in regular course from any recognized University.
- The knowledge of English, Hindi and Computer (6 month certificate course) will be essential.
Age (As on 01/05/2015):
|Age||UR (General)||SC||ST||EBC||BC||Female (UR)|
PHP (Physically Handicapped Person) Candidates shall get age relaxation by 10 years additionally in maximum age limit. They will have to produce latest disability certificate of Civil Surgeon indicating the physical disability of 40% or more, as and when required.
Job Profile: The post of Meter Reader requires field work. Hence selected candidates will have to carry out various field activities, like Meter Reading/ Bill distribution/ Cash Collection/ Consumer tagging and the allotted work without gender bias. Selected Candidate shall have to work anywhere under the jurisdiction of BSPHCL & its subsidiary companies and the candidate selected for the post, may be transferred within the jurisdiction of BSPHCL & its subsidiary Companies.
Reservation:Reservation will be given in terms of reservation rules and policies as per Govt. of Bihar norms.
- Application fee is Rs. 500/-(Rs. Five Hundred) only for all categories except SC/ ST category candidates of Bihar domicile, for whom it will be Rs.125/- (Rs. One hundred twenty five only).
- Application fee is to be deposited in the BSP(H)CL Current A/C No.- (Power Jyoti) 31963202219 in any State Bank of India branch by filling a triplicate Challan, which will be generated after filling the ON-LINE application form and uploading self signed scanned photograph.
Mode of Selection:
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the written test, subject to obtaining minimum qualifying marks.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the written test as per Government of Bihar norms, will be 40% for UR, 36.5% for BC, 34% for EBC & 32% for SC/ST/ Female candidates.
- There will be 5 sections in multiple choice question paper having approximately equal weightage for each section is given below:
|Section – I||General Knowledge & General Science||25%|
|Section – II||English Language||15%|
|Section – III||Math (10th Level)||20%|
|Section – IV||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||20%|
|Section – V||Computer Knowledge||20%|
“The question paper will be in English/Hindi language only”
How to Apply:
- The applicants are to apply through “ON-LINE” on the Website of applyfortest.com/bsphcl.aspx or through the Website of BSPHCL at WWW.bsphcl.bih.nic.in. The Website will be open from 08 May to 22 May 2015 upto 5 PM. After final filling uploading self signed scanned photograph and submitting the “ON-LINE” application; Candidates have to take a print out of the same.
- Print out of the application along with necessary certificates, as specified in d. below, shall have to be sent through ORDINARY post to- POST BOX NUMBER 12005; COSSIPORE POST OFFICE KOLKATA: 700 002 so as to reach on or before the last date i.e. 02/06/2015 upto 5:00 PM. Application received after last date of receipt, either due to postage delay or for any other reasons, shall not be considered/ entertained.
|i||Submission / Registration of “ON-LINE” application||–||From 08/05/2015 to 22/05/2015|
|ii||Receipt of downloaded ON-LINE application, along with required certificate & fee deposit challan.||UP to 2nd June 2015|
|iii||Downloading of Admit Card from the website||–||from 08/06/2015 – 13/06/2015|
|iv||Date of Examination (Tentative)||–||on 14/06/2015 & 15/06/2015|
For any inquiry, candidates are advised to post their query to Email address email@example.com
Download the notification for complete details: