PowerGrid Recruitment of Executive Trainees through GATE – 2016
(Advt. No. CC/05/2015 dtd. 15.09.2015)
GATEway to a POWERful Career
Electrical | Electronics | Civil | Computer Science
Executive Trainee – 21st Batch
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Navratna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids.
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineers to join its fold as EXECUTIVE TRAINEEs in the disciplines of Electrical, Electronics, Civil Engineering & Computer Science.
VACANCIES & RESERVATION
Details of number of vacancies and reservation shall be indicated in the notification to be published on our website before commencement of Online Registration. However reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per Govt. of India Directives.
The posts are identified suitable for the following subcategories of PwD as per identification of posts by Govt. of India:
|Post||PwD Subcategories identified suitable|
|ET (Electrical)||Orthopedically Handicapped (one leg), Hearing Handicapped|
|ET (Electronics)||Orthopedically Handicapped (one leg), Hearing Handicapped|
|ET (Civil)||Orthopedically Handicapped (one leg/one arm), Hearing Handicapped|
|ET (Computer Science)||Orthopedically Handicapped (One Leg/ one arm/ both leg), Hearing Handicapped, Visually Handicapped (Blind/ Low Vision)|
a. Valid Score in the GATE 2016
Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2016 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2016 Organizing Body.
|Post||Corresponding GATE 2016 Paper|
|ET (Computer Science)||CS|
b. Upper Age Limit: 28 years as on 31.12.2015
c. Essential Qualification
|Course||Discipline||Percentage of Marks|
|Full Time B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University / Institute||Electrical / Electrical (Power) / Electrical and Electronics / Power Systems Engineering / Power Engineering (Electrical)||Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Electronics and Telecommunication||Civil Engineering||Computer Science / Computer Engg. / Information Technology||Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA *|
|Course||Discipline||Percentage of Marks|
|Other recognized BE./B.Tech equivalent qualifications of professional societies (e.g. AMIE)||Electrical||Electronics & Communication||Civil||Computer Science||Minimum 65% with both Sections A & B cleared by 31.03.2016|
Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 14.08.2016 are also eligible, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
RELAXATIONS AND CONCESSIONS
- Reservation/ relaxation/ concession to OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex – SM/ J&K Domiciled/ Victims of riots shall be as per Government of India directives.
- Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall only be eligible for the benefit for PwD.
- Relaxation in Marks in essential qualification for SC/ST/PwD candidates: Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to pass marks for posts reserved for the respective category as per the final detailed advertisement issued before commencement of online registration.
|Relaxation in Upper Age Limit:|
|a)||For OBC(NCL) candidates||: 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)|
|b)||For SC/ST candidates||: 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)|
|c)||For PwD candidates||: 10 years over and above category relaxation|
|d)||J&K Domicile / Ex- Servicemen/ Victims of riots||: As per Govt. of India directives|
The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2016, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2016, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE)/ Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE)/ Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
Candidates qualified in corresponding paper of GATE 2016 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection.
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2016, in the corresponding paper.
Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION/ APPLICATION
- Candidates have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2016.
- For details on GATE -2016, please visit http://www. gate.iisc.ernet.in/
- A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 11th January 2016.
- Application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 15th January 2016 to 29th February 2016. Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their GATE 2016 Application No., GATE 2016 Registration Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section ofpowergridindia.com.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2016 Admit card and GATE 2016 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
|GATE 2016||Commencement of Online submission of GATE Application||1st Sept 2015|
|Last date of Online submission of GATE Application||1st October 2015|
|POWERGRID||Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID||15th January 2016|
|Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID||29th February 2016|
Download the notification for complete details: