Programme for Ph.D.
Doctor of Philosophy in Law
Doctor of Philosophy in Social Sciences with Law
Doctor of Philosophy in Science or any Other Allied Subjects with Law
Doctor of Philosophy in Human Rights Law
A) Full time Ph.D. Programme :
An applicant seeking admission to full time Ph.D. Degree programme shall have:
A Master’s Degree in Law from any recognised University having scored a minimum of 55% marks in the aggregate
With a view to encourage interdisciplinary studies and research with strong legal component, the APUL encourages candidates from other disciplines also to register for Ph.D. full time programme. Such candidates must have :
|i.||A Master’s Degree or equivalent degree or diploma in any subject relevant to the field of research with a Bachelor’s Degree in law; or|
|ii.||A Master’s Degree or equivalent degree or diploma in any subject relevant to the research with established research credentials by way of publications; or|
|iii.||A Master’s Degree or equivalent degree or diploma in any subject relevant to the research with long term indepth practical experience in the area to be researched; or|
|iv.||M.Phil. degree or equivalent degree or diploma in the relevant subject with excellent academic background.|
B) Part time Ph.D. Programme : An applicant seeking admission to Part time Ph. D. Programme shall:
- Be a Judge of any State High Court in India or Supreme Court of India; or
- Have minimum of 10 years active practice in case of persons holding LL.B. degree and 5 years in case of persons holding LL.M. degree as an Advocate or experience as Judicial Officer or Law Officer in Government or semi Government undertaking or reputed Law Firm etc. for a similar period with aptitude for research demonstrated by research work.
- Have Master’s Degree in Law with 3 years experience as a regular teacher in law in any University Department or Law College or Research Institution affiliated to a recognized University with aptitude for research evidenced by research work; or
- Have Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Science with three years experience as regular teacher or researcher in any University Department or Research Institution of P.G. College affiliated to a recognized University with aptitude for research as evidenced by research work and also by referral research papers.
C) Ph.D. in Human Rights Law
Candidates who have passed P.G. degree in Human Rights or P.G. Diploma awarded by the Indian Institute of Human rights, New Delhi are also eligible to apply for Ph.D. Full Time or part time Programme in Human Rights Law subject to the fulfillment of the conditions laid down in 1 (A) and (B). In addition, candidates who have passed P.G. Diploma in Human Rights should forward their applications through the Indian Institute of Human Rights, New Delhi.
Admission Procedure :
Eligible candidates, may apply to the Registrar, A.P. University of Law in the prescribed form, which can be downloaded from this website www.apulvisakha.org along with a fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) by Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank, in favour of ‘Registrar, A.P. University of Law’ payable at Visakhapatnam and submit the same duly filled in within the stipulated time (30-07-09) either in person or by post to: The Registrar, Andhra Pradesh University of Law, Swamy Gnanananda Guest House, Palace Layout, Peda Waltair, Visakhapatnam, 530017.
Candidate shall submit the following along with the application:
- An outline of the theme of the research work with methodology and chapter-wise break-up of the proposed work in about 2000 words;
- A certificate from the Head of the Institution / College / Department / Bar Council concerned testifying the length of service/practice, wherever required;
- An attested photocopy of LL.M., M. Phil, or P.G. Degree or PG Diploma with certificate of equivalence whichever is applicable, along with the marks sheet; and
- One set of published papers, monographs, articles and books, if any
For more details click here