Nitte University All India Post Graduate Entrance Test – NUPGET-2012
NITTE University is recognized as one of the finest educational institutions in Karnataka attracting students from all over India and abroad.
Admission to Post Graduate courses offered by Nitte University is based on merit in the All India Post Graduate Entrance Test, NUPGET- 2012 conducted by the University. Based on inter se Merit in the Entrance Test, students will be admitted to MD/MS and MDS program in the constituent colleges namely K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore and A. B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences respectively.
Candidates who fulfill the following criteria shall be eligible to appear for the Entrance Test, namely:
1. He/she is a citizen of India
2. He/she must have studied and passed courses leading to the award of Bachelor’s Degree scoring at least 50%, in case of SC/ST 40% marks in aggregate from a college recognized by the DCI for MDS candidates and MCI for MD/MS candidates.
3. He/she has completed or is completing compulsory rotatory internship on or before 30th April 2012
4. Must be less than 45 years of age as on 30-4-2012
Entrance Test Fee:
The candidates are required to pay the Entrance Test fee of Rs. 2,000/- through A/c Payee Demand Draft in favour of “ NITTE UNIVERSITY “ payable at MANGALORE.
MD – Total Seats: 57
MD Anatomy – 03
MD Anesthesiology – 04
MD Biochemistry – 02
MD Dermatology – 02
MD General Medicine -06
MD Microbiology – 03
MD Pathology – 02
MD Pediatrics – 03
MD Pharmacology – 04
MD Physiology – 02
MD Community Medicine – 04
MD Radio diagnosis – 02
MS ENT – 03
MS General Surgery – 06
MS OB&G – 04
MS Ophthalmology – 02
MS Orthopedics – 04
MD Psychiatry – 01
MDS – Total Seats: 49
MDS (Prosthetics with Crown and Bridge, Implantology) – 09
MDS (Oral Medicine and Radiology) -02
MDS (Conservative Dentistry) – 08
MDS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery) -08
MDS (Periodontics) – 05
MDS (Orthodontics) – 09
MDS (Pedodontics) – 06
MDS (Oral Pathology & Microbiology) – 02
how To Apply:
The filled application with all relevant documents should be sent to the Registrar, Nitte University, Deralakatte, Mangalore (D.K) – 575 018 by Speed Post so as to reach before the last date or may be handed over in person at the University Office on any working day before the last date. Candidates should superscribe the sealed envelope carrying application form: “APPLICATION FOR NUPGET – 2012”. Test Admission Ticket (TAT) for the Entrance Test will be sent by post to the postal address furnished by the candidate in the TAT.
Date of Entrance Test (MD/MS/MDS) : 19-02-2012 (Sunday)
Time : 10.00 a.m to 1.00 pm
Mode of conducting the test:
1. Medium of Entrance Test will be English.
2. Each question carries one mark. Correct answer will be awarded one mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
3. Question paper (booklet) is of 3 hours duration consisting of 200 multiple choice questions. Subject wise distribution of questions/marks would be approximately in the range as given below:
4. There will be at least 4 versions of the question paper booklet and therefore serial number of question differs from version to version.
5. Questions will be of multiple choice type, each having one best response out of four alternatives.
6. Answer sheet (Response Sheet) is of Optical Mark Reader (OMR) type and is to be marked as per instructions on it, using a black or blue ball point pen.
Bangalore / Mumbai / Delhi / Ernakulam / Hyderabad / Kolkatta / Mangalore
|Schedule of events Events||MD/MS||MDS|
|Date of Notification of Entrance Test||22-11-2011||21-11-2011|
|Hosting of Application format and Brochure on the website||22-11-2011||22-11-2011|
|Last date for receipt of application by the University||31-01-2012||31-01-2012|
|Date of dispatch of Test Admission Tickets by Post by the University.||22-11-2011 onwards||22-11-2011 onwards|
|Date for downloading the Test Admission Tickets from the website if not received by post.||11-02-2012||11-02-2012|
|Date for contacting the University by phone for non-receipt of Test Admission Tickets||13-02-2012||13-02-2012|
|Date of Entrance Test||19-02-2012||19-02-2012|
|Publication of Key Answers (Provisional)||20-02-2012||20-02-2012|
|Last date for receipt of objection/ clarification, if any, for key answers through e-mail||25-02-2012||25-02-2012|
|Publication of Key Answers(final)||03-03-2012||03-03-2012|
|Announcement of Merit List||19-03-2012||25-03-2012|
|Counselling- First Round||30-03-2012||08-04-2012|
|Counselling- Second Round||27-04-2012||27-04-2012|
|Last Date for Admission||30-04-2012||30-04-2012|
|Commencement of classes||02-05-2012||02-05-2012|
|Casual round of admission, if any||31-05-2012||31-05-2012|
To download Notification click here
To Apply online click here