IOCL engagement of Technician Apprentices – 2017
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
(A Government of India Undertaking)
Advertisement No.: PL/HR/ESTB/APPR-2017(2)
Date of Notification: 16.10.2017
Last date of receipt of applications: 06.11.2017
ENGAGEMENT OF TECHNICIAN APPRENTICES IN PIPELINES DIVISION UNDER THE APPRENTICES ACT, 1961
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), the largest commercial enterprise in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company, as a measure of Skill Building Initiative for the Nation, proposes to engage Apprentices in the Corporation.
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Nationals meeting the following qualification & other parameters for engagement of 310 Technician Apprentices, under The Apprentices Act, 1961, in the trades of Electrical, Mechanical and Telecommunication & Instrumentation mentioned below, across various states in Pipelines Division of IOCL:
Pipeline Region-wise, State-wise and Trade-wise numbers of seats for Apprentices:
|Region||State||Trade||Post Code||Total seats||Reservations||Written Test Venue|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||WRGJ03||18||1||3||5||9|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||WRRJ03||11||2||1||2||6|
|Eastern Region||West Bengal||Mechanical||ERWB01||10||2||1||2||5||Kolkata|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||ERWB03||10||2||0||3||5|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||ERBH03||6||1||0||1||4|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||ERUP03||2||0||0||0||2|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||ERAS03||5||1||0||1||3|
|Northern Region||Delhi||Mechanical||NRDL01||3||1||0||1||1||Panipat/Delhi NCR|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||NRDL03||6||1||1||1||3|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||NRHR03||9||2||0||2||5|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||NRPB03||5||1||0||1||3|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||NRUP03||5||1||0||1||3|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||NRUK03||2||0||0||0||2|
|Southern Region||Tamil Nadu||Mechanical||SRTN01||7||1||0||2||4||Chennai|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||SRTN03||7||1||0||2||4|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||SRKA03||1||0||0||0||1|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||SRAP03||2||0||0||1||1|
|South Eastern Region||Odhisa||Mechanical||SEOR01||11||2||2||1||6||Bhubaneswar|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||SEOR03||11||2||3||1||5|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||SECH03||2||0||0||0||2|
|Telecom & Instrumentation||SEJH03||1||0||0||0||1|
The Region wise, State wise, Trade wise, locations in which the Technician Apprentices shall be engaged is enclosed at Annexure -A. The candidates should apply for any particular post code under a Region, for a particular State, for a Trade through Online Portal as detailed below. On getting finally selected, candidate shall be placed at any of the locations within that State for that trade.
The trades mentioned above are also suitable for Persons with Benchmark disabilities (PwBD) of Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims and Leprosy cured, with minimum 40% disability.
QUALIFICATION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
|1||Technician Apprentice- Mechanical||Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration) full time Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute.|
|2||Technician Apprentice- Electrical||Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration) full time Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a Govt. recognized institute.|
|3||Technician Apprentice- Telecommunication & Instrumentation||Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration) full time Diploma in any of the following disciplines of Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute:
i) Electronics & Communication Engineering
ii) Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
iii) Electronics & Radio Communication Engineering
iv) Instrumentation & Control Engineering
v) Electronics Engineering
The qualification prescribed shall be from a recognized University/Institute as full time, regular course in relevant disciplines with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST candidates for the trades reserved for them).
Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 16.10.2017.
DURATION OF APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING
One year from the date of engagement.
Consolidated stipend of Rs. 7530/- per month shall be payable to the Technician Apprentices. Monthly Stipend shall be based on 90% of the semi-skilled wages of State or Central whichever is higher, for that location. Consolidated monthly stipend is subject to the periodic revision in minimum wages as applicable to a particular location. In case 90 % of the minimum wages of the semi-skilled workers for that location exceeds the current consolidated stipend of Rs. 7530/- per month, the stipend payable shall become 90 % of the minimum wages paid to semi-skilled workers + Rs. 2500 per month towards stationary, conveyance and miscellaneous expenses.
CONCESSIONS & RELAXATIONS
- Upper age is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates for the trades reserved for them.
- Upper age is relaxed by 10 years to PwBD candidates in the specified disabilities only as mentioned above (up to 15 years for SC/ST and up to 13 years for OBC Non-Creamy Layer Candidates PwBD candidates).
- The percentage of marks required in Diploma in respective trade is 50% in aggregate which is relaxed by 5% to SC/ST candidates for the trades reserved for them.
- SC/ST/PwBD candidates appearing for written test will be reimbursed single second class railway fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of test and back by the shortest route on production of ticket and proof of relevant certificate (caste/disability certificate) provided the distance is not less than 30 KMs. The reimbursement will be made through banking mode only and hence the candidate is required to have savings bank account and shall need to inform the bank account number along with the IFSC code of the concerned branch.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Written Test and Interview is 40% each. The same is relaxed by 5% to SC/ST candidates for the trades reserved for them.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates meeting the above prescribed eligibility criteria should visit our IOCL website https://plis.indianoilpipelines.in and apply Online from 16.10.2017 till 06.11.2017 by 18:00 hours.
- Paper based applications will NOT be accepted.
- Queries, if any, may be addressed to the following e-mail ids based on Post Codes under which applied:
- For Northern Region Pipelines: email@example.com
- For Eastern Region Pipelines: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Western Region Pipelines: email@example.com
- For Southern Region Pipelines: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For South Eastern Region Pipelines: email@example.com
Applicants may kindly note that only such queries which are relevant to this advertisement and have not been addressed in the above advertisement shall only be replied to.
|Date of opening of online application and publishing of detailed website notification on IOCL Website||16.10.2017|
|Last date of submission of online application||06.11.2017 by 18:00 hours|
|Tentative date of downloading online admit card||From 16.11.2017|
|Tentative date of Written Test for all disciplines||03.12.2017|
|Tentative dates for personal interview for all disciplines||04.12.2017. May be extended to 05.12.2017 and 06.12.2017 depending on number of candidates to be interviewed.|
Download the notification for complete details: