ICRISAT Recruitment of Special Project Scientist – Crop Modeling – 2015
ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of a Special Project Scientist with specialization in Crop Modeling for the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) in the New Delhi office of the International Water Management Institute at NASC Complex, Pusa Campus. Only Indian citizens are encouraged to apply.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics (SAT) are home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
About IWMI: International Water Management Institute (IWMI), is a nonprofit scientific research organization, one of the 15 International Institutes under the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), with its global headquarters in Colombo, Sri Lanka. IWMI is engaged in various aspects of water and land management.
- develop spatial databases for parameterizing, and validating crop simulation models over South Asia;
- perform multivariate sensitivity analysis;
- identify climate risk management strategies for major crops in South Asia;
- assist in the analysis of results, and in the organizing and synthesizing of journal articles, other scientific manuscripts and presentations for disseminating research results; and
- carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Program Leader, CCAFS – South Asia
You will possess:
- minimum M.Sc/M.Tech, preferably Ph.D. or equivalent in Agricultural Sciences or related disciplines;
- desired experience in the application of crop growth simulation models or hydrological or biological models;
- Good knowledge of soil-water and plant process used in crop simulation models.
The Reward: The position is initially for 1 year and can be renewed based on the performance of the candidate and funding availability. The position holder will report to the Regional Program Leader, CCAFS – South Asia, and be based at IWMI’s New Delhi office. . An attractive all inclusive consolidated remuneration will be paid in Indian Rupees with appropriate medical and accidental insurance coverage.
How to Apply: Applicants should apply on or before 15 July 2015, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
For more details, visit the ICRISAT site at: http://www.icrisat.org/careers/Special-Project-Scientist%E2%80%93Crop-Modeling.htm