ICRISAT Recruitment of GIS Assistant – 2015
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian nationals for the post of GIS Assistant to be based at Patancheru, Telangana, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Digitization of Revenue maps, toposheets and etc
- Data entry of statistics from books
- Support to large format printing Collect data from partners
- Assist the RS specialist in tasks related to interpretation of the imagery
- Support to web designing and automated algorithms
- Experience working in a Remote sensing lab or similar environment
- Experience in programming is highly desirable
- Some experience in Semi Arid Tropics (SAT) related research desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of ERDAS or ENVI, ArcGIS, Auto CAD and MS Excel. Some knowledge of R.
Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in Remote Sensing, GIS or related fields
The position is for one year, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
Last date to submit application: 7 June 2015
Apply online at: http://www.icrisat.org/careers/GIS.htm