Symbiosis Society was carrying out distance learning activity through Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) which was one of the autonomous institutes of Symbiosis
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) is a centre of excellence, offering quality Distance Education. We welcome each one of you to our ‘World Campus’ where latest technology, innovative teaching methodologies and quality education are blended together to create a unique learning experience.
SCDL is an approved distance learning institute by Distance Education Council (DEC), Government of India.
SCDL is ranked 8th among Top Distance Education Institutes by prestigious Outlook Publication.
Symbiosis Open Education Society (SOES) was established to promote, advance and disseminate knowledge through the open and distance learning system, in order to provide education, skill development and life long learning opportunities to all segments of the population from India and other countries, thereby enabling, development and growth of individuals, society and community at large. Symbiosis Open Education Society (SOES) has been registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act on 9th May, 2008 and is also registered as a public trust under Bombay Public Trust Act on 10th Oct, 2008. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning is now a constituent of Symbiosis Open Education Society.
SCDL admission commences from third week of April every year for academic year starting from July.
For Admission into academic year 2012 – 2013 admission commences from April 2012
Admissions are open for following programs
Two Year Post Graduate Programs
• Post Graduate Diploma In Business Administration (PGDBA) (Specialization: Marketing/Finance/HR/Operations/CRM)
• Post Graduate Diploma In International Business (PGDIB)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Information Technology (PGDIT)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Educational Administration (PGDEA)
• Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance (PGDBF)
One Year Post Graduate Diploma Programs
• Post Graduate Diploma In Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Insurance Management (PGDIM) (Specialization: General / Life)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Retail Management (PGDRM)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Customer Relationship Management (PGDCRM)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Supply Chain Management (PGDSCM)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Instructional Design (PGDID)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Pre-Primary Teacher’s Training (PGDPTT)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Technical Writing (PGDTW)
• Post Graduate Diploma In Export & Import Management (PGDEXIM)
• Post Graduate Diploma in Business & Corporate Law (PGDBCL)
One Year Diploma Pograms
• Advanced Diploma In Creative Writing In English (ADCW)
• Diploma In Creative Writing In English (DCW)
• Diploma in Teaching English (DTE)
Six Month Single Courses
• Click here for Single Courses
Six Month Certificate Courses
• Certificate Program in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation (CPENVC)
• Certificate Program in Right To Information Act (CPRTI)
• Certificate Program in Cyber Laws (CPCL)
• Certificate Program in Consumer Protection Act (CPCPA)
SCDL has introduced online admissions from Academic Batch, July 2011. Students can take admission online. Students can fill the admission form online and simultaneously pay the registration fee online and can enroll with SCDL
Applicants who are either Fresh Graduates / Post Graduates, Final Year appearing/appeared students, working professionals, house-wives, retired Defence personnel’s or their dependents are categorized under General / Civil Category, Active Defence, Paramilitary, Police or Symbiosis Employee / Staff have to pay Registration Fees as mentioned under General / Defence Category as applicable.
1) Online Admission Students can now take admission online. Students can fill the admission form online and simultaneously pay the registration fee online and can enroll with SCDL.
2) Walk-In Admission (SCDL)
- Students can collect the admission form at SCDL Pune office, pay registration fee at SCDL Pune office in cash or DD at the cash counter with all required documents attached to the completely filled admission form and submit the same.
- OR Students can walk into SCDL Pune Office, with a duly filled admission form (downloaded from SCDL website), pay registration fee at SCDL Pune office in cash or DD at the cash counter with all required documents attached to the completely filled admission form and submit the same.
- Student then walks out with the Admission Letter, Identity Card (for confirmed admission), Barcodes and Welcome Kit, if all admission and eligibility criteria are satisfied, as per admission policy.
Note: Students can walk in for admission at SCDL Pune Office, between 11:00 am to 4:00 pm – IST (Monday to Saturday).
3) Information centre Student can take Admission from any of our ‘Information Centres’ located all over India. They provide counselling of programs offered by SCDL and also provide students with a platform where each student gets a chance to visit interact with counselors. For more detail of visit our nearest Information Center in your city and get a free counseling session.
4) Walk-In in local Axis Bank Branch Students can collect the admission form at Axis banks the list of selected branch list is uploaded on the web site. After filling the application form with all required documents it should be send to scdl main pune office along with the registration fee. For more details of click here.
5) Postal Admission
- Students can either fill the Admission Form online or download the admission form from the SCDL website. Click the Admission link to download the admission form. Note: Students have to fill the admission form in block letter with blue ball pen or submit the admission form online and print it.
- Students have to attach the registration fee demand draft in favor of “The Director, SCDL, Pune” payable at Pune and the required documents as per the checklist mentioned in the admission form, in a closed / sealed envelope and send the form duly signed by the applicant, by post to SCDL Pune Main Campus.
- OR Students can also pay the registration fee online, with their credit / debit cards. In this case, they have to attach the online payment transaction details and the required documents as per the checklist mentioned in the admission form, in a closed / sealed envelope and send the form duly signed by the applicant, by post to SCDL Pune Main Campus. Note: 5% extra will be charged for online payment.
- An Admission letter, an ID card (for confirmed admissions), Barcodes along with Welcome kit is sent to students, by post, to their communication address, if all admission and eligibility criteria are satisfied, as per admission policy.
Students can ascertain their admission status online with application number. Application number is a unique number written on the top center of the Admission form.
Check Admsission Status Click here